The Four Wives - Motivational Story

There was once a rich merchant who married four wives. He loved the fourth wife the most and adorned her with rich, good and costly clothes and other materials, and treated her to delicacies. He greatly took special care of her, gave her the best and almost anything she demanded for. Also, the rich merchant loved the third wife very much. He was always very proud of her and always wanted to show her off to his friends. However, the rich merchant is always in fear that one day she might run away with some other men.



He loved his second wife too. She is always very considerate in everything she does, always patient and in fact, she is the merchant's confidence. Whenever the merchant encountered serious problems, he always
turned to his second wife and she would always help him out with her wise and brilliant ideas and tide him through every of his difficult times. The first wife is a very loyal woman, she has made very great contributions in maintaining her husband's wealth and business. Aside all of that, she always take good and proper care of the household. However, the merchant did not love the first wife in any way and although she loved him deeply, he hardly took any notice of her. One fateful day, the merchant fell terribly ill and soon, he knew that he was going to die.


He thought of his luxurious and "fulfiled" life and told himself, " I have four wives with me. But when I die,I'll be all alone. How lonely I'll be!" So, he asked the fourth wife, "I loved you most, adorned you with the best clothing and showed great care towards you. Now that I'm dying, will you follow me so that you can keep me company?" "No way!" replied the fourth wife and she walked away without another word. The answer cut into the merchant's heart like a sharp knife would do. The sad merchant then called on the third wife and said, "I have showed you so much love all my life. 


Now that I'm dying, will you follow me and keep me from being lonely?" "No!" replied the third wife. "Life is so cool over here! In fact, I'm going to remarry when you die!" The rich merchant's heart sank deep and turned cold. He then asked the second wife, "I always turned to you for help and you've always been there for me . Now I need your help again. When I die, will you follow me and keep me from being lonely?" "I'm sorry, I can't help you out this time!" was the reply she gave. 

"At most, I can only send you to the grave." This answer came like a bolt of thunder accompanied by lightening and the merchant was down and devastated. While the merchant was still thinking, a voice called out : "I'll leave with you. I'll follow you wherever you go." The merchant looked up and it was his first wife. She was so skinny, as if she suffered from malnutrition. Greatly grieved and with a trembling voice tone, the merchant said, "I wish I had taken care of you while I could have !"


Actually, each of the four wives represent a part of our life


1. The fourth wife is our body. No matter how much time and effort we lavish in making it look good, it'll leave us when we die.


2. The third wife. Which represents Our possessions, status and wealth. When we die, they all won't go with us. In fact, others take them
.
3. The second wife represents our family and friends. No matter how close they had been with us when we're alive, the furthest they can stay by us is up to the grave.


4. The first wife is in fact our soul, which often neglected in our pursuit of material, wealth and sensual pleasure.


You know what? It is actually the only thing that follows us wherever we go. Perhaps it's a good idea to cultivate and strengthen it now rather than to wait until we're on our deathbed to lament.
  • Follow Most Watched Today on Facebook and You Will Always Have The Best Online Videos